Monday 8 April 1918
It was Monday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Ford and Lou Menk.
The Blue Bird, directed by Maurice Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 April 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1918 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Betty Ford: American First Lady when her husband, Gerald Ford, was sworn in as the nation's 38th president, minutes after Richard Nixon resigned, 8/09/1974.
- Lou Menk: American railroad entrepreneur who merged Great Northern, Northern Pacific and Chicago, Burlington and Quincy railroads into the largest railroad, with the longest line route, in the U.S.
- Morris Engel
- Glendon Swarthout: American author and academic (d. 1992).
- Roberta Cowell: British transsexual, the son of a surgeon and mom who was a fine pianist and singer.
- Louis Menk: Englewood EXecutives.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Hello, My Dearie - Prince's Orchestra
- Indianola - Prince's Orchestra