Thursday 8 May 1919
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 8, 1919). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lex Barker and Evita Peron.
The Busher, directed by Jerome Storm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1919
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 May 1919
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1919 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Lex Barker: American actor best known for playing Tarzan of the Apes and leading characters from Karl May's novels.
- Evita Peron: Statesman.
- Sultan Ismail: Hajibeyov composer.
- 1st transatlantic flight take-off by a navy seaplane
- Appingedam soccer team forms.
- Edward George Honey first proposes the idea of a moment of silence to commemorate The Armistice of World War I, which later results in the creation of Remembrance Day. In the United States it was called Armistice Day and is now Veterans Day.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1919 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- How Ya Gonna Keep 'Em Down on the Farm (After They've Seen Paree) - Byron G. Harlan
- Sometime - Joseph C. Smith's Orchestra
- Marche Francaise - Victor Military Band