Monday 8 August 1921
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Esther Williams and Roger Nixon.
Experience, directed by George Fitzmaurice, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1921
while Main Street by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1921!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1921 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Esther Williams: American actress and swimmer who, as a professional swimming champ, became an aquatic leading lady in many extravaganzas in the '50s and '60s, a total of 26 movies, mostly when wet.
- Roger Nixon: Composer.
- John Herbert Chapman: British physicist (d. 1979).
- William Asher: American director producer and screenwriter (d. 2012).
- Webb Pierce: American country singer ("Bye Bye Love"), dies of cancer at age 64.
- Vulimiri Ramalingaswami: Indian pathologist and academic (d. 2001).
- Juhani Aho: Fins journalist / writer (Panu, Tuomio), dies at 59.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1921 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Down Yonder - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?