Thursday 8 August 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Josef Suk and Rose Nyland.
while Peder Victorious by O.E. Rolvaag was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1929!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1929 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Josef Suk: Prague, Czechoslovakia -- Violinist (Artist of Merit-1977).
- Rose Nyland: Writer.
- Ronald Biggs: British criminal.
- Ronnie Biggs: English thief, known for his role in the Great Train Robbery on 8 August 1963, for his escape from prison in 1965, for living as a fugitive for 36 years and for his various publicity stunts while in exile.
- Stanislas Sobolack: France sport Champion.
- Larisa Bogoraz: Russian linguist and activist (d. 2004)
- 1st airship flight around Earth flying eastward begins
- German airship Graf Zeppelin begins a round-the-world flight from Lakehurst, New Jersey, USA.
- Salem Oregon airport dedicated
- The German airship Graf Zeppelin begins a round-the-world flight.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?