Sunday 8 July 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 8, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Henry in Newark and Norma Donaldson.
City Slickers, directed by mgm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 July 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1928 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Carol Henry in Newark: New Jersey, USA; choreographer (Garry Moore Show).
- Norma Donaldson: Singer / actress (Poetic Justice, 5 Heartbeats).
- John Kelly: American military, United States Marine.
- Phillies set record of errorless 25 inning doubleheader