Sunday 8 January 1928US date format: 1/8/1928, UK date format: 8/1/1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 8, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gaston Miron and Sander Vanocur.
Frenzy, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 January 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1928!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1928 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Gaston Miron: French-Canadian poet and editor (Born 1928).
- Sander Vanocur: American broadcast journalist, NBC's White House correspondent during the Kennedy years.
- Sander Vanocur in Cleveland: Ohio, USA; news anchor (NBC Weekend News).
- Felice Andreasi: Italian film, television, and stage actor.
- Bab Christensen: Norwegian actress.
- Slade Gorton: American colonel lawyer and politician 14th Attorney General of Washington.
- Dumitru Kiriac-Georgescu: Composer, dies at 61.