Tuesday 8 January 1907
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Auriol and Jean Hyppolite.
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Port of Missing Men by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1907 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Jean Auriol: French film critic and screenwriter, who died by accident on 2 April 1950 in Chartres.
- Jean Hyppolite: France Writer.
- Simonne Guimier: St-Denis EXecutives.
- Keizō Hayashi: Japanese general and civil servant (d. 1991).
- Theodoor Verstraete Flemish painter/etcher: dies at age 57.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- In the Evening by the Moonlight, Dear Louise - Harry Macdonough
- Madama Butterfly: Tutti I Fior (Duet of the Flowers) - Geraldine Farrar & Louise Homer
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?