Monday 8 January 1906
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan A and Serge Poliakoff.
Impersonation of Nelson-McGovern Fight, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
while The Fighting Chance by Robert W. Chambers was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1906!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1906 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Jan A: H J S Bruins Slot Dutch founder illegal Trouw/Member of Parliament (ARP).
- Serge Poliakoff: Russian / French painter / guitarist.
- A landslide in Haverstraw, New York, caused by the excavation of clay along the Hudson River, kills 20 people.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1906 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- How'd You Like to Spoon with Me? - Corrine Morgan & Haydn Quartet
- Moonlight - Sousa's Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?