Friday 25 January 1907
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ørnulf Bast and Halbo Kool.
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while Satan Sanderson by Hallie Erminie Rives was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 25 January 1907 ?
- St. Dwynwen's Day and Patron Saint of Lovers - Welsh celebration of love Dirwnod Santes Dwynwen.
- Tatiana Day, celebrated as the Day of Russian students since 1755, when the Moscow University was founded.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism - Conversion of Saint Paul.
- Christian ecumenism ? Week of Prayer for Christian Unity ends.
- Burns Night - Burns suppers are held in many parts of the world around this date. (Originated in Scotland)
- Winter-Een-Mas - celebration of videogames and the people that play them. Winter-een-mas lasts for a whole week, which is always the very last week in January, the 25th through the 31st.
- Roman Empire - second day of the Sementivae in honour of Ceres and Terra
- Ørnulf Bast: Norwegian sculptor and painter particularly known for his public monuments.
- Halbo Kool: Dutch poet, journalist, critic and translator, who died on 26 May 1968.
- Franco Cornacchia: Italy sport Champion.
- Rene Pottier: French cyclist (Born 1879).
- Julia Ward Howe is 1st woman elected to National Institute of Arts & Letters
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- He's a Cousin of Mine - Bert Williams
- I'm Sorry - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?