Sunday 6 January 1907, Epiphany
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Helen Kleeb and David Fleay.
Belles of Killarney, directed by Arthur Melbourne Cooper, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Lady of the Decoration by Frances Little was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 6 January 1907 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
Famous Birthdays:06 January
- Maria Montessori opens her first school and daycare center for working class children in Rome.
- The first Montessori school and daycare center for working class children opens in Rome.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- In the Evening by the Moonlight, Dear Louise - Harry Macdonough
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?