Monday 14 January 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Derek Richter and Georges-Emile Lapalme.
Violante, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while Satan Sanderson by Hallie Erminie Rives was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1907 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Derek Richter: British neuro chemist (Aspects of learning and memory).
- Georges-Emile Lapalme: French-Canadian politician (d. 1985).
- Enrique Blanco: Dominican guerrilla solo rebelled against the dictatorship of Rafael Trujillo, becoming a legendary character in the popular history of their country.
- Albert Mahuzier: French adventurer, filmmaker, writer and lecturer.
- Georges Hugot: Llichy EXecutives.
- Jean-Marie Mazard: Limoges EXecutives
- Georges-Émile Lapalme: Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 1985)
- An earthquake in Kingston, Jamaica kills more than 1,000.
- March ndash The 1907 Romanian Peasants' Revolt results in possibly as many as 11,000 deaths.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Linger Longer Girl - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?