Monday 14 January 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 14, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Georges-Emile Lapalme and Derek Richter.
Getting Evidence, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 January 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 January 1907!
Which were the important events of 14 January 1907 ?
- Day of St. Basil the Great in Eastern Orthodoxy, January 1 on the Julian Calendar.
- Feast of Divina Pastora, in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
- Makar Sankranti in India. The event is marked by flying kites. Also Pongal in South India.
- New Year's Day in Eastern Orthodoxy, see Julian Calendar.
- Festum Asinorum, medieval burlesque festival celebrating the Flight into Egypt.
- Derek Richter: British neuro chemist (Aspects of learning and memory).
- Georges-Emile Lapalme: French-Canadian politician (d. 1985).
- Enrique Blanco: Dominican guerrilla solo rebelled against the dictatorship of Rafael Trujillo, becoming a legendary character in the popular history of their country.
- Albert Mahuzier: French adventurer, filmmaker, writer and lecturer.
- Georges Hugot: Llichy EXecutives.
- Jean-Marie Mazard: Limoges EXecutives.
- Georges-Émile Lapalme: Canadian lawyer and politician (d. 1985).
- An earthquake in Kingston, Jamaica kills more than 1,000.
- March ndash The 1907 Romanian Peasants' Revolt results in possibly as many as 11,000 deaths.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1907 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- He's a Cousin of Mine - Bert Williams
- I'm Sorry - Ada Jones & Billy Murray