Tuesday 8 August 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 8, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicholas Ray and DE GREISCHE Philippe Scitivaux.
The Accident, directed by Christopher Lawrence Chapman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1911 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Nicholas Ray: Director.
- DE GREISCHE Philippe Scitivaux: Rosnay Military man.
- Rosetta LeNoire: NYC, New York -- Actor (Grandma Winslow-Family Matters).
- William P Frye: American politician (Born 1830).
- Public Law 62-5 sets the number of representatives in the United States House of Representatives at 435. The law would come into effect in 1913.
- The millionth patent is filed in the United States Patent Office by Francis Holton for a tubeless vehicle tire.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- That was Before I Met You - Ada Jones & Walter Van Brunt
- Turn Off Your Light, Mr. Moon Man - Nora Bayes & Jack Norworth
- That Was Before I Met You (solo version) - Walter Van Brunt