Tuesday 8 August 1911
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include DE GREISCHE Philippe Scitivaux and Rosetta LeNoire.
Die Ballhaus-Anna, directed by Walter Schmidthssler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1911!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1911 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- DE GREISCHE Philippe Scitivaux: Rosnay Military man.
- Rosetta LeNoire: NYC, New York -- Actor (Grandma Winslow-Family Matters).
- William P Frye: American politician (Born 1830).
- Public Law 62-5 sets the number of representatives in the United States House of Representatives at 435. The law would come into effect in 1913.
- The millionth patent is filed in the United States Patent Office by Francis Holton for a tubeless vehicle tire.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Love is Like a Red, Red Rose - Henry Burr & Elise Stevenson
- Mighty Lak' a Rose - Marguerite Dunlap
- Life's a Funny Proposition, After All - George M. Cohan
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?