Sunday 10 July 1955
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pamela Theresa Jiles and Vinnie Curto.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Dam Busters, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while No Time For Sergeants by Mac Hyman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Those Whiting Girls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 10 July 1955 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
- Pamela Theresa Jiles: New Orleans, Louisiana -- 4X400m relayer (1976 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Vinnie Curto: American middleweight boxer, Curto started training at age 7 and retired in 1996 after 61 wins and 26 knock-outs.
- Nic Dakin: English educator and politician.
- Henry W Methorst: Dutch Director (Central Bureau of Statistic).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Les Paul and Mary Ford - Hummingbird
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?