Saturday 9 July 1955
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergei Vladimirovich Krichevsky and Jimmy Smits in New York City.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Dam Busters, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Those Whiting Girls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1955 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Sergei Vladimirovich Krichevsky: Russia -- Lieutenant Colonel / Cosmonaut.
- Jimmy Smits in New York City: New York, USA; actor (Victor - L.A.
- Lisa Banes: Chagrin Falls, Ohio -- Actress (Cocktail, Look Back in Anger).
- Steve Coppell: English footballer and manager.
- Lindsey Graham: American colonel lawyer and politician.
- Fred Norris: Comedy writer / singer (Howard Stern Show)
- Jimmy Smits: American actor and producer
- Willie Wilson: American baseball player and manager
- Don Beauman: English race car driver (d. 1955).
- Rock Around Clock hits #1 on Top 100 chart
- 1st black executive on White House staff (E Frederic Morrow)
- Strike in Belgium for 5 day work week
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 July 1955
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Les Paul and Mary Ford - Hummingbird
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Eddie Fisher - Heart
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?