Thursday 14 July 1955
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 14, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Allison Jones and L Brent Bozell III.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Virgin Queen, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while My Philadelphia Father by Cordelia Drexel Biddle and Kyle Crichton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frankie Laine Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 14 July 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 14 July 1955 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of Victoria, Crown Princess of Sweden, an official flag day
- France and all French dependencies - Bastille Day
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 3rd day, not a holiday
- Allison Jones: Businesswoman.
- L Brent Bozell III: American writer and pundit.
- Hugues Parant: French senior civil servant, Managing Director of EPADESA-La Defense Seine Arche, Paris (Etablissement Public d’Aménagement de La Défense Seine Arche), the public authority responsible for development and urban planning in Paris's key business quarter.
- L Bozell: American journalist and activist founded the Media Research Center.
- 2 killed, many dazed when lightning strikes Ascott racetrack, England
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Fats Domino - Ain't It A Shame
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Les Baxter & His Orchestra - Unchained Melody
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?