Wednesday 13 July 1955US date format: 7/13/1955, UK date format: 13/7/1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on July 13, 1955). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Chris White (saxophonist) and Margaret Hamburg.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock by Bill Haley and His Comets.
In UK Unchained Melody by Jimmy Young was in the top 5 hits.
The Virgin Queen, directed by Henry Koster, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while How To Live 365 Days A Year by John A. Schindler was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frankie Laine Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 July 1955
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 July 1955!
Which were the important events of 13 July 1955 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday, 3rd day
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of K�lim�t (Words) - First day of the seventh month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Bon Festival - Buddhist festival to honor the dead (East Japan)
- Kiribati - Independence Day, 2nd day (not a holiday)
- Chris White (saxophonist)
- Timothy Garton Ash: Author.
- Margaret Hamburg: Public Servant.
- Mark Mendoza: American bass player and songwriter...
- Yoshitaka Tamba: Japanese actor.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1955 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
- Fats Domino - Ain't It A Shame
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Unchained Melody - Les Baxter & His Orchestra
- Something's Gotta Give (orchestra Of Sy Oliver) - Sammy Davis Jr.
- Nat King Cole and the Four Knights - If I May
- Alan Dale - Sweet And Gentle
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?