Sunday 8 June 1947
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Annie Haslam and Mick Box.
Living in a Big Way, directed by Gregory La Cava, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1947 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Annie Haslam: British rock singer, most famous for her work with the band Renaissance, who won commercial success and a loyal following for albums Prologue (1972), Ashes Are Burning (1973), Turn of the Cards (1974), Scherazade and Other Stories (1975) and Novella (1977).
- Mick Box: Rock guitarist (Uriah Heep).
- Eric F Wieschaus: American biologist, Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
- Joan La Barbara: Composer.
- Sara Paretsky: American author.
- Eric Wieschaus: American biologist geneticist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- Julie Driscoll: Rocker / actress (33 1 / 3 Revolutions Per Monkee).