Wednesday 8 October 1947
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sheila Ferguson and Emiel Puttemans.
Return of the Bad Men, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching The Handle Bar.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1947!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1947 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Sheila Ferguson
- Emiel Puttemans
- Aki Ahrens: German astrologer, with alternative lifestyle, lived in Munich.
- Tony Wilson: Trinidad -- Rock vocalist (Hot Chocolate).
- Stephen Shore: American photographer and educator.
- Richard Morris: English archaeologist historian and author.
- Yelena Ivanovna Dobrokvashina: Russian Cosmonaut (Soyuz T-15a).
- Felix Salten [Siegmund Salzmann]: Austria writer (Bambi), dies at 78.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1947 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Near You - Larry Green & His Orchestra
- Dinah Shore - I Wish I Didn't Love You So
- Civilization (Bongo, Bongo, Bongo) - Louis Prima & His Orchestra
- Kate (Have I Come Too Early Too Late) - Eddy Howard & His Orchestra