Tuesday October 08, 1918
US date format: 10/8/1918, UK date format: 8/10/1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see birth chart on October 8, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was David Lloyd George (Liberal), Pope Benedict XV was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Chavardès and Halfdan Hegtun.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of October 08, 1918?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- See more
- World War I: In the Argonne Forest in France, United States Corporal Alvin C. York leads an attack that kills 25 German soldiers and captures 132.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 08, 1918?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Harry Ellis - While You're Away
- Arthur Fields - Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning
- Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four - Good-Bye, Mother Machree