Tuesday 8 October 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Chavardès and Halfdan Hegtun.
Huns and Hyphens, directed by Larry Semon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1918 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Maurice Chavardès
- Freddy Chaves: Belgium sport Champion.
- Halfdan Hegtun: Norwegian radio host and politician (d. 2012).
- Ron Randell: Sydney, NSW -- Actor (Loves of Carmen, I am a Camera).
- Jens Skou: Danish chemist and physiologist Nobel Prize laureate.
- Sgt Alvin York single-handedly kills 25, captures 132 Germans
- World War I: In the Argonne Forest in France, United States Corporal Alvin C. York leads an attack that kills 25 German soldiers and captures 132.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Good-Bye, Mother Machree - Harry Macdonough & Shannon Four
- Oh, How I Hate to Get Up in the Morning - Arthur Fields
- While You're Away - Harry Ellis