Saturday 8 October 1938
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include David Willis and Frederick S Stolle.
The Sisters, directed by Anatole Litvak, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1938 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- David Willis: British journalist (BBC World Service).
- Frederick S Stolle: Tennis champ (US Open-1966).
- Penny Pitou: United States -- Skier (1960 Olympics - 2 Silver Medals).
- Jacques Stockman: Belgium sport Champion.
- William Corlett: English author and playwright (d. 2005).
- Walter Gretzky: Canadian ice hockey coach and author
- Fred Stolle: Australian-American tennis player and sportscaster
- Bronislovas Lubys: Lithuanian businessman and politician Prime Minister of Lithuania (d. 2011)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?