Tuesday 25 October 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Webster and Vija Celmins.
The Lady Vanishes, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 25 October 1938 ?
- Day of the Romanian Army
- Virgin Islands - Thanksgiving Day : end of the hurricane season
- Republic of China - Taiwan Retrocession Day (1945)
- Also see October 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Feast day of Saints Crispin and Crispian; Six Welsh martyrs and companions; forty martyrs of England and Wales
- Kazakhstan - Republic Day
- Robert Webster: Berkeley, California -- Diver (1960, 64 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Vija Celmins: Latvian-American visual artist best known for photo-realistic paintings and drawings of natural environments and phenomena such as the ocean, spider webs, star fields, and rocks.
- Alfonsina Storni: One of the most important Argentine and Latin-American poets of the modernist period.
- Japanese troops occupies Hankou andWuhan
- The Archbishop of Dubuque, Francis J. L. Beckman, denounces swing music as ''a degenerated musical system... turned loose to gnaw away at the moral fiber of young people'', warning that it leads down a ''primrose path to hell''.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?