Tuesday 18 October 1938
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Guy Roux and Dawn Wells.
Listen, Darling, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while All This, and Heaven Too by Rachel Field was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 October 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 18 October 1938 ?
- Also see October 18 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- French Republican Calendar - Piment (Chili Pepper) Day, twenty-seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- R.C. Church, Anglican communion, et alii - Feast of Saint Luke the Evangelist
- USA : Alaska: Alaska Day
- Guy Roux: French football (soccer) player and manager, who played for French side AJ Auxerre (1952–1961) then managed AJ Auxerre for the remarkable period of more than forty years (1961–1962, 1964-2000, 2001, 2002-2005).
- Dawn Wells: American actress.
- Ronnie Bright: Rocker (Coasters).
- Robert Dove: American lawyer and politician.
- Karl J Kautsky: Austrian marxist / socialist.
- The German government expels 12,000 Polish Jews living in Germany the Polish government accepts 4,000 and refuses admittance to the remaining 8,000, who are forced to live in the no-man's land on the German-Polish frontier.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?