Monday 17 October 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Evel Knievel and John Browne.
Listen, Darling, directed by Edwin L. Marin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while The Citadel by A. J. Cronin was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 October 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 17 October 1938 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Ignatius of Antioch; translation of Saint Audrey (�thelthryth); Saint Richard Gwyn
- United States - Black Poetry Day
- UN International Day for the Eradication of Poverty
- French Republican Calendar - Aubergine (Eggplant) Day, twenty-sixth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Haiti - Jean-Jacques Dessalines (1806), State holiday
- Evel Knievel: American daredevil, a modern-day gladiator who does daring motorcycle stunts that have almost killed him many times.
- John Browne
- Lorraine Crapp
- Marita Lindahl: Finnish model beauty queen and Miss World 1957.
- Les Murray: Australian anthologist poet and critic.
- Karl Kautsky: Czech-German journalist philosopher and theologian (d. 1938).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?