Monday 24 October 1938
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fred E Finn in San Francisco and Michael Graydon.
The Citadel, directed by King Vidor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
while Northwest Passage by Kenneth Roberts was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Guest Night.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1938!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 October 1938 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Fred E Finn in San Francisco: California, USA; pianist (Mickie Finn's).
- Michael Graydon: English air marshal.
- Odean Pope: American saxophonist (Catalyst).
- Stephen Resnick: American economist and academic (d. 2013).
- Ernst Barlach: German sculptor and playwright (d. 1938).
- US forbids child labor in factories
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?