Sunday 30 October 1938
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 30, 1938). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-Pierre Kalfon and Ralph Bakshi.
Hard to Get, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1938
On TV people were watching Foundations of Cookery.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 October 1938
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 October 1938!
Which were the important events of 30 October 1938 ?
- St. Marcel
- Bl. John Slade
- St. Theonestus
- St. Talacrian
- St. Herbert
- St. Serapion
- USA - Mischief Night in some areas (known as Devil's Night in Detroit)
- St. Macarius
- Also see October 30 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Zenobius & Zenobia
- St. Saturninus
- St. Dorothy of Montau
- St. Artemas
- St. Arilda
- St. Alfonso Rodrfguez
- Calendar of Saints - October 30th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: Bl. Angelus of Acri
- St. Maximus
- Jean-Pierre Kalfon
- Ralph Bakshi: Director.
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf: Statesman.
- Morris Lurie: Australian novelist short story writer and playwright (d. 2014).
- Orson Welles broadcasts his radio play of H. G. Wells' The War of the Worlds, causing a nationwide (USA) panic. About a million radio listeners believe that a real Martian invasion is underway.