Monday 9 December 1946
It was Monday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1946). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sonia Gandhi and Jean-Louis Étienne.
Enamorada, directed by Emilio Fernández, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Play the Game.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1946
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1946!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1946 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Sonia Gandhi: Italian-Indian political wife.
- Jean-Louis Étienne: French polar explorer famous for his Antarctica expedition, radio presenter, and environmentalist.
- Dennis Dunaway: American bass player and songwriter.
- Shatrughan Sinha: Indian actor.
- David Currie: Baron Currie of Marylebone English economist and academic.
- Nicholas Reade: English bishop.
- The ''Subsequent Nuremberg Trials'' begin with the ''Doctors' Trial'', prosecuting doctors alleged to be involved in human experimentation.