Sunday 9 December 1917
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Angleton and James Rainwater.
Unknown 274, directed by Harry F. Millarde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
while The Light in the Clearing by Irving Bacheller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1917!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1917 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- James Angleton: American spy who rose to a powerful position in CIA Counter-Intelligence, where he instigated witch hunts.
- James Rainwater: American physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 1986).
- British forces under General Allenby capture Jerusalem.
- In Palestine, Field Marshal Edmund Allenby captures Jerusalem.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1917 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- That's the Kind of a Baby for Me - Eddie Cantor
- Sailin' Away on the Henry Clay - American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?