Sunday 9 December 1956
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 9, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sylvia and Jean-Pierre Thiollet.
In UK Just Walkin' In The Rain by Johnnie Ray was in the top 5 hits.
The Rainmaker, directed by Joseph Anthony, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while Our Valiant Few by F Van Wyck Mason was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Wedding Day.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 December 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1956!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1956 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
Famous Birthdays:09 December
- Hans Barth: Composer, dies at 59.
- Trans-Canada Air Lines Flight 810, a Canadair North Star, crashes near Hope, British Columbia, Canada, killing all 62 people on board.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1956 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?