Sunday 9 January 1910
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 9, 1910). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henriette Puig-Roget and Dick Henry.
The House of Cards, directed by Edwin S. Porter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1910
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1910
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1910!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1910 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1910 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Tell Mother I'll Be There - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- What Makes the World Go Round - Frank Stanley & Elise Stevenson