Wednesday 9 July 1924
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Pennario in Buffalo and George Getty.
Destiny, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1924
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1924!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1924 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Leonard Pennario in Buffalo: New York, USA; pianist (Los Angeles Philharmonic).
- George Getty: American business executive and noted family, the first son of John Paul Getty with his first wife, Jeanette Demont.
- Rosa Li: Chinese-American businesswoman.
- Pierre Cochereau: Composer, dies at 59.
- Leonard Pennario: American pianist and composer (d. 2008).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 July 1924
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1924 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- What'll I Do? - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?