Monday 9 July 1945
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 9, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Minnette Lenier and Dean Koontz.
Anchors Aweigh, directed by George Sidney, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 July 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 July 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 July 1945 ?
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Our Lady of Peace.
- Bah�'f Faith - Holy Day: Martyrdom of the B�b.
- Palau - Constitution Day.
- Argentina - Independence Day.
- Roman festival - Caprotinia, or feasts of Juno Caprotina.
- Minnette Lenier: American teacher and magician.
- Dean Koontz: American author and screenwriter.
- Mike Riordan
- John Bunyard: American mass murderer.
- Lewis F Payne Jr: (Rep-D-Virginia).
- Root Slim: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1993).
- Dean R Koontz: American novelist.
- Root Boy Slim: American entertainer (d. 1993).
- A forest fire breaks out in the Tillamook Burn (the third in that area since 1933).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1945 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- On The Atchison, Topeka, And Santa Fe - Johnny Mercer
- I Wish I Knew - Dick Haymes
- A Kiss Goodnight - Woody Herman & His Orchestra
- Can't You Read Between The Lines - Charlie Spivak
- Johnnie Johnston - There Must be a Way