Monday 9 June 1947
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1947). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Françoise Demulder and Sara Paretsky.
Heartaches, directed by Basil Wrangell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1947
On TV people were watching In the Kelvinator Kitchen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1947
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1947!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1947 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Sara Paretsky: Author.
- Françoise Demulder: French war photographer, who in 1976 became the first woman to win the prestigious World Press Photo of the Year award.
- Angus Houston: Australian senior officer of the Royal Australian Air Force.
- Mick Box: English guitarist (Uriah Heep).
- Howie Chizek: American radio host (d. 2012).
- John Gurda: American historian and author.
- Wladyslaw Raczkiewicz: President of Poland (1939-40), dies at 62.