Saturday March 09, 2019
US date format: 3/9/2019, UK date format: 9/3/2019
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 9, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
The Village, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Enemy Within.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 09, 2019?
- Saint Frances of Rome.
- Belize - Baron Bliss Day.
- Saint Gregory of Nyssa
- Internal conflict in Myanmar: Rakhine insurgents of the Arakan Army attack a police post in a village in Rakhine State, killing nine policemen. All of the victims were local recruits from the village. (Reuters)
- Rakhine insurgents of the Arakan Army attack a police post in a village in Rakhine State, killing nine policemen. All of the victims were local recruits from the village. (Reuters)
- Japanese supercentenarian Kane Tanaka is officially recognized as the world's oldest living person at 116 years and 67 days old. (The Guardian)
- 2019 Colombia DC-3 crash: A DC-3 operated by Laser Aereo crashes in Colombia en route from San José del Guaviare, killing all 14 aboard. (Reuters) (El Espectador)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- F.A.A. Cautions Southwest Airlines and Mechanics Union in Contract Dispute In a letter, the agency warned of safety concerns after the airline accused the union of illegally grounding planes. [..]
- In Silicon Valley, Plans for a Monument to Silicon Valley A group in San Jose, Calif., wants a worldwide competition to design a suitable landmark to celebrate the achievements of the tech companies. [..]
- See all financial news of March 09, 2019