Friday March 15, 2019
US date format: 3/15/2019, UK date format: 15/3/2019
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 15, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
The Village, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Silent Night by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What We Do in the Shadows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 15, 2019?
- International Day Against Police Brutality
- Turkey buzzards return to Hinckley, Ohio.
- Blessed Arnicus of Averbode
- For corporations in the United States that use the calendar year as their fiscal year, the date on which the corporation must file its corporate income tax return
- See more
- At least 50 people are killed and dozens others are injured during two attacks on mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand. (NBC News)
- Four people—three men and one woman—are arrested in connection to the shootings, according to New Zealand Police Commissioner Mike Bush. It is later learned that one of them was an armed citizen trying to help police and was released. (Sky News)
- A gunman involved in the shootings of at least one of the two mosques is identified as Brenton Tarrant, a 28-year-old Australian man. (Associated Press)
- 2019 Tel Aviv rocket strike: In response to a possible accidental launching of two rockets from the Gaza Strip towards Tel Aviv the day before, Israel launches hundreds of counter strikes directed at the town of Khan Yunis. (The New York Times) (Associated Press)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Apple Defends App Store Policies After Spotify’s Antitrust Complaint Accused of using its App Store to undercut competitors, Apple said Spotify was treated like all other developers that use the App Store. [..]
- Apple Violated 3 Qualcomm Patents, Jury Finds A federal court jury said Apple owed the chip maker Qualcomm about $31 million after agreeing with Qualcomm’s claims that Apple had infringed on its patents. [..]
- See all financial news of March 15, 2019