Thursday March 14, 2019
US date format: 3/14/2019, UK date format: 14/3/2019
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see birth chart on March 14, 2019). The US president was Donald John Trump (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Theresa May (Conservative).
The Village, directed by M. Night Shyamalan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2019
while Silent Night by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching What We Do in the Shadows.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of March 14, 2019?
- Albania - Summer Day: Albanian holiday Summer is celebrated in this day in Elbasan and its surroundings.
- Pi Day - unofficial mathematics holiday.
- Roman Empire - Equirria, horse races in honor of Mars were held.
- Saint Mathildis
- See more
- 2019 Tel Aviv rocket strike: Two rockets are fired from the Gaza Strip at Tel Aviv, Israel; neither rocket was intercepted by the IDF's Iron Dome system. (The New York Times) (IDF Spokesperson)
- Two rockets are fired from the Gaza Strip at Tel Aviv, Israel; neither rocket was intercepted by the IDF's Iron Dome system. (The New York Times) (IDF Spokesperson)
- USS Devastator is damaged by fire while at a Bahrain dock. (Task & Purpose)
- Bloody Sunday: Prosecutors in Northern Ireland charge a former British Army soldier with murdering two people during the mass shooting in Derry during the Troubles in 1972, following a contemporary police investigation. The man, known only as Soldier F, is also charged with three attempted murders. It is also announced that no other charges against either soldiers or civilians will be brought due to insufficient evidence. Soldiers shot 28 unarmed protestors, killing 13. (BBC)
- See more
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- A New Editor for People Magazine Leaving after a five-year stint is the veteran entertainment journalist Jess Cagle. Taking his place is Dan Wakeford, who learned his craft in London. [..]
- China’s Slowdown Already Hit Its Factories. Now Its Offices Are Hurting, Too. White-collar workers face job cuts and shrinking paychecks even in go-go industries like technology, suggesting the economic pain is broader than official figures show. [..]
- See all financial news of March 14, 2019