Friday 9 May 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 9, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Sims and Gary Snyder.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 9 May 1930 ?
- Russia and some other parts of the former Soviet Union ? Victory Day as the end of the "Great Patriotic War".
- Our Lady of Flanders
- Saint Tudi
- Saint Pachomius (died 346)
- Saint Gerontius (died 501)
- Roman Empire ? Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Jersey, Guernsey ? Liberation Day (commemorating the end of the German Occupation of the Channel Islands during World War II).
- Saint Carolina
- European Union ? Europe day, commemorating the "Schuman declaration".
- Joan Sims: Actress (Carry on Behind, Carry on Cleo).
- Gary Snyder: Poet.
- Claude Chignon: Burie physician.
- Kalifa Tillisi: Libyan historian and linguist (d. 2010).
- 56th Preakness: Earl Sande aboard Gallant Fox wins in 2:00.6.