Sunday 9 June 1929
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 9, 1929). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Johnny Ace and Keith A St H Gardner.
She Goes to War, directed by Henry King, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1929!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1929 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Johnny Ace: American rhythm and blues singer (d. 1954).
- Keith A St H Gardner: Jamaica -- 4x400m runner (1960 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- Robert E Badham: (Rep-R-California, 1977- ).
- Eric Weil: Swiss astrologer, practiced in Geneva, died in 2010.
- Venezuelan rebel Urbina lets Dutch / Curacaose hostages free