Tuesday 9 October 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 9, 1900). The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alastair Sim and Marcelle Bunlet.
A Storm at Sea, directed by James H. White, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 October 1900
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1900!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1900 ?
- Alastair Sim: Scottish actor in film and on stage, making his debut on stage at the age of 30 and film at 35.
- Marcelle Bunlet
- Alastair Sims: Edinburgh, Scotland -- Actor (Christmas Carol, Stage Fright).
- Silvio Cator: Haiti -- Long jumper (1928 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Joseph Friedman: American inventor invented the bendy straw (d. 1982).
- Joseph Zubin: Lithuanian-American psychologist and academic (d. 1990).
- Heinrich von Herzogenberg: Austrian composer and conductor (Born 1843).
- 8.3 earthquake shakes Cape Yakataga, Alaska