Tuesday 9 October 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alastair Sim and Marcelle Bunlet.
Boarding School Girls' Pajama Parade, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
while To Have and to Hold by Mary Johnston was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1900!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1900 ?
- Alastair Sim: Scottish actor in film and on stage, making his debut on stage at the age of 30 and film at 35.
- Marcelle Bunlet
- Alastair Sims: Edinburgh, Scotland -- Actor (Christmas Carol, Stage Fright).
- Silvio Cator: Haiti -- Long jumper (1928 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Joseph Friedman: American inventor invented the bendy straw (d. 1982).
- Joseph Zubin: Lithuanian-American psychologist and academic (d. 1990).
- Heinrich von Herzogenberg: Austrian composer and conductor (Born 1843).
- 8.3 earthquake shakes Cape Yakataga, Alaska
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1900 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- My Wild Irish Rose - Harry Macdonough
- Because - Haydn Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?