Tuesday 9 October 1900
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was William McKinley (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alastair Sims and Silvio Cator.
Boarding School Girls' Pajama Parade, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1900
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 October 1900!
Which were the important events of 9 October 1900 ?
- Alastair Sims: Edinburgh, Scotland -- Actor (Christmas Carol, Stage Fright).
- Silvio Cator: Haiti -- Long jumper (1928 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Alastair Sim: Scottish actor in film and on stage, making his debut on stage at the age of 30 and film at 35.
- Joseph Friedman: American inventor invented the bendy straw (d. 1982).
- Joseph Zubin: Lithuanian-American psychologist and academic (d. 1990).
- Heinrich von Herzogenberg: Austrian composer and conductor (Born 1843).
- 8.3 earthquake shakes Cape Yakataga, Alaska
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 October 1900
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1900 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Because - Haydn Quartet
- My Wild Irish Rose - Harry Macdonough
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in October 1900?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?