Saturday 9 November 1940US date format: 11/9/1940, UK date format: 9/11/1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 9, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Cervetti .
The Letter, directed by William Wyler, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching Gabby.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 November 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1940!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1940 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Germany invades Norway and Denmark in WWII
- Warsaw is awarded the Virtuti Militari.