Thursday 9 November 1911
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tabish Dehlvi and Antonio Roman.
Dr. Gar el Hama I, directed by Eduard Schnedler-Srensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while Queed Henry by Sydnor Harrison was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 9 November 1911 ?
- Roman Catholicism - Dedication of the Basilica di San Giovanni in Laterano, Cathedral of the Pope (memorial feast day)
- Also see November 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Cambodia - Independence Day (1953)
- Pakistan - Allama Iqbal Day (1877)
- Germany - November 9th is often called Germany's Schicksalstag (day of fate) due to the events of 1848, 1918, 1923, 1938, and 1989.
- Europe - Inventor's Day - in honor of Hedy Lamarr's birthday
- United States - World Freedom Day, to commenerate the fall of the Berlin Wall in 1989
- Tabish Dehlvi: Pakistani poet (d. 2004).
- Antonio Roman: A top Spanish film Director, screenwriter, film producer and film critic.
- Edmund Schuecker: Composer, dies at 50.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Fortune Teller - Victor Light Opera Co.
- My Beautiful Lady - Grace Kerns
- Oceana Roll - Eddie Morton
- Jimmy Valentine - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?