Friday 17 November 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Christian Fouchet and Vilma Degischer.
The Lost Letter, directed by Mikhail Rakovskiy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1911 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Christian Fouchet: French politician, a Gaullist government official since joining de Gaulle's Free France Movement in London, 1940.
- Vilma Degischer
- Heli Finkenzeller
- Alfredo Montagne Sanchez: Peruvian diplomat.
- Charles Walters: United States -- Actor / choreographer / director (Easter parade).
- Jacques Vimont: French diplomat, who served as France's Ambassador to Mexico (1965-1969) and Russia (1973-1976).
- Nobutaka Shikanai: Japans media CEO (Fujisankei Com Group).
- William Tannen: NYC, New York -- Actor (Jailhouse Rock, Sitting Bull).
- The Omega Psi Phi fraternity, the first African-American fraternity at an historically black college or university, is founded at Howard University in Washington, D.C.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I'm Just Pining for You - Walter Van Brunt
- From the Land of the Sky-Blue Water - Alma Gluck
- Moriah - Scotch Medley - Montgomery & Stone