Friday November 17, 1911
US date format: 11/17/1911, UK date format: 17/11/1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see birth chart on November 17, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was H. H. Asquith (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Christian Fouchet and Vilma Degischer.
Shenandoah, directed by Andrew McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 17, 1911?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- See more
- The Omega Psi Phi fraternity, the first African-American fraternity at an historically black college or university, is founded at Howard University in Washington, D.C.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 17, 1911?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Montgomery & Stone - Moriah - Scotch Medley
- Alma Gluck - From the Land of the Sky-Blue Water
- Walter Van Brunt - I'm Just Pining for You