Wednesday 1 November 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 1, 1911). The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Henri Troyat and Victoria Horne.
Shenandoah, directed by Andrew McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 November 1911
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1911 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Henri Troyat: French historian and author (d. 2007).
- Victoria Horne
- Mingun Sayadaw: Burmese monk and scholar (d. 1993).
- The first dropping of a bomb from an airplane in combat, during the Italo-Turkish War.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Gems from The Fortune Teller - Victor Light Opera Co.
- Jimmy Valentine - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- My Beautiful Lady - Grace Kerns
- Oceana Roll - Eddie Morton