Sunday 5 November 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Baby Marie Osborne and Zachary Reynolds.
Giovanna la pallida, directed by Gennaro Righelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Harvester by Gene Stratton Porter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 5 November 1911 ?
- R.C. Saints - November 5th is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Bertilia
- St. Laetus
- Pope Zachary
- St. Sylvia
- St. Magnus
- St. Galation
- St. Fibitius
- St. Felix and Eusebius
- St. Elizabeth
- St. Dominator
- Ancient Latvia - the festival Katrina
- United Kingdom and New Zealand - Guy Fawkes night (also called Bonfire night; or Fireworks night): Failure of the Gunpowder Plot to blow up Parliament in 1605 is celebrated with bonfires and fireworks.
- St. Domninus
- Baby Marie Osborne: American actress (d. 2010).
- Zachary Reynolds: American heir to the Reynolds tobacco fortune, the younger son of the founder, industrialist R.J.
- Roy Rogers: American entertainer, a leading cowboy motion picture star of the '30s who, as a straight-shooter, sang his way into the hearts of fans around the world.
- Marie Yeats: American actress and costume designer (d. 2010).
- Calbraith Rodgers arrives in Pasadena completing first transcontinental airplane flight (49 days) (left Sheepshead Bay, New York, Sept 17).
- After declaring war on the Ottoman Empire on September 29, 1911, Italy annexes Tripoli and Cyrenaica.
- December ndash Delhi Durbar held to mark the coronation of King George V of the United Kingdom and Queen Mary as Emperor and Empress of India and the transfer of the capital of the British Raj from Calcutta to Delhi.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Jimmy Valentine - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Oceana Roll - Eddie Morton
- My Beautiful Lady - Grace Kerns
- Gems from The Fortune Teller - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?