Friday 24 November 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Walter Goetz and Kirby Grant.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1911 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Alma Gluck - From the Land of the Sky-Blue Water
- Moriah - Scotch Medley - Montgomery & Stone
- I'm Just Pining for You - Walter Van Brunt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?