Wednesday 15 November 1911
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Chevallier and André Merlin.
Dr. Gar el Hama I, directed by Eduard Schnedler-Srensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 15 November 1911 ?
- Austria - Saint Leopold's day -- no school in Vienna, Lower Austria and Upper Austria
- USA - America Recycles Day
- Norway - The official skolebr�d-day on Sunnland skole
- Roman festivals - Festival in honor of Feronia (others say 13 November)
- Brazil - Republic Proclamation Day (1889)
- R.C. Saints - Albert the Great
- Palestine - Independence Day (declared 1988)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Feast of Saint Philip the Apostle and the beginning of Winter Lent; also see November 15 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Jacques Chevallier: French liberal pied noir mayor of Algiers who governed the city at the head of a coalition of pied noir and Moslem representatives.
- André Merlin: French tennis player, a member of the French team in the Davis Cup, notably during the 1933 season.
- Otto Baum: Germany Military man.
- Proclamation sets designs for Canadian $5 and $10 gold coins
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- The Camptown Races (Gwine to Run All Night) - Billy Murray
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Billy Murray
- I Want a Girl Just Like the Girl That Married Dear Old Dad - Walter Van Brunt & American Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?