Friday 10 November 1911
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Andrews and Pierette Sartin.
Dr. Gar el Hama I, directed by Eduard Schnedler-Srensen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Winning of Barbara Worth by Harold Bell Wright was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1911 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Harry Andrews: Kent, England -- Actor (Equus, Man of La Mancha).
- Pierette Sartin: Guéret Writer.
- Jean Darricau: Bayonns physician.
- Andrew Carnegie forms Carnegie Corp (for scholarly & charitable works)
- Imperial army recaptures Nanking (blood bath)
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Gems from The Fortune Teller - Victor Light Opera Co.
- My Beautiful Lady - Grace Kerns
- Oceana Roll - Eddie Morton
- Jimmy Valentine - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
- Let Me Call You Sweetheart - Peerless Quartet (Columbia Male Quartet)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?