Sunday 26 November 1911
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Samuel Reshevsky and Gaston de Bonneval.
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by Albert Capellani, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1911
while The Broad Highway by Jeffrey Farnol was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 November 1911!
Which were the important events of 26 November 1911 ?
- Mongolia: Independence Day
- Russia: St. Yuri's Day (1497 - 1649)
- Also see November 26 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. saints - Pope Siricius; celebration of the excellence of Saint Genevieve in Paris.
- Bah�'f Faith: Day of the Covenant
- Samuel Reshevsky: Polish-American chess player and author (d. 1992).
- Gaston de Bonneval
- Robert Marchand (cycling)
- Savino Guglielmetti: Italian pro gymnast, the winner of a Gold Medal in the Los Angeles Olympics in 1932.
- Albert Coppé: Belgian politician, minister with the Christian-social party.
- Gaston De Bonneval: French Resistance fighter who spent two decades as Charles de Gaulle's aide-de-camp.
- Robert Marchand: Famous as cyclist when over 100 years old.
- Raymond Scheyven: Belgian Minister of Economic Affairs.
- Ronald Diggens: English fabric manufacturer / multi-millionaire.
- Samuel H Reshevsky: Polish / US chess grandmaster / prodigy.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1911 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Spanish Love - Andrea Sarto
- Red Rose Rag - Dolly Connolly
- Chicken Reel - Arthur Collins
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?