Saturday 11 September 2010
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Love The Way You Lie by Eminem.
Easy A, directed by Will Gluck, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching JonTron.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz or Dante's Inferno.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 2010!
Which were the important events of 11 September 2010 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 11 September
- A man is arrested after a minor explosion at a hotel in Copenhagen, amid heightened security fears in Denmark. (Reuters)
- U.S. Army Staff Sergeant Salvatore Giunta is awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions during the ongoing War in Afghanistan, the first living recipient to be so honored since the Vietnam War. (''The Guardian'')
- Eid al-Fitr:
- U.S. film director Sofia Coppola wins the Golden Lion at the 67th Venice International Film Festival for her film ''Somewhere''. (BBC)
- US actor Kevin McCarthy best known for his roles in ''Invasion of the Body Snatchers'' and ''Death of a Salesman'' dies. (Playbill)
- Greek protests against austerity:
- Police tear gas people in Thessaloniki as tens of thousands of people protest against Prime Minister George Papandreou's austerity plans. (Al Jazeera)
- A doctor throws a shoe at the prime minister and is promptly arrested and locked up with two bystanders. They are later released unharmed. (CNN)
- Air Zimbabwe fires pilots on strike for better pay. (BBC)
- Mining in 3 eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo provinces is suspended by President Joseph Kabila to allow for a clean-up of operations. (BBC)
- At least 10 people are killed and 20 others are injured during a gas explosion near Mashhad, Khorasan Razavi. A fire burns for 3 hours. (''Tehran Times'')
- Officials in 3 Egyptian governorates declare a state of emergency after a barge leaked some 100 tons of gasoline into the Nile River north of Aswan. (AP)
- Mexico experiences its record worst ever rainy season. (''The Age'')
- A moderate earthquake strikes Indonesia's North Maluku province. (ABC Online)
- The death toll rises to 6 from the pipeline explosion in San Bruno, California near the U.S. city of San Francisco. (AP via Silicon Valley Mercury News)
- Four people are dead and twenty-five people are hospitalised after a Coach USA Megabus crashes into a railroad overpass in Salina, New York. (CNN)
- More than 300 flights from Shanghai, China are delayed due to torrential rain caused by Tropical Storm Meranti. (Xinhua)
- Hurricane Igor reaches Category 1 in the Atlantic Ocean. (UPI)
- France condemns as ampquotunacceptableampquot remarks made by former Cuban leader Fidel Castro expressing sympathy with the Roma migrants it is trying to rid itself of. (AFP via France24)
- North Korea proposes the resumption of family reunions with South Korea. (Yonhap)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 11 September 2010
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2010 ?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?