Monday 6 October 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hafez al and Les Richter.
Sinners' Holiday, directed by John G. Adolfi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1930 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Hafez al: Assad; president (Syria).
- Les Richter: American football player with the Rams, twice voted Most Valuable Player.
- Hafez al-Assad: Syrian general and politician 20th President of Syria (d. 2000).
- Richie Benaud: Australian cricketer and sportscaster (d. 2015).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 6 October 1930
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?