Monday 6 October 1930
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 6, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Hafez al-Assad and Richie Benaud.
The Silver Horde, directed by George Archainbaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 6 October 1930 ?
- Judaism - Fast of Gedalia (2005)
- Egypt - National Day or Victory Day; celebrates the results of the October war in 1973
- U.S. - German-American Day observed since 1987; Mad Hatter Day
- French Republican Calendar - �ne (Donkey) Day, fifteenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Ireland - Ivy Day, formerly honoring the Irish revolutionary Padraig Pearse, commemmorates the death of Charles Stewart Parnell.
- Also see October 6 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Bruno, St Faith
- Hafez al-Assad: Syrian general and politician 20th President of Syria (d. 2000).
- Richie Benaud: Australian cricketer and sportscaster (d. 2015).
- Les Richter: American football player with the Rams, twice voted Most Valuable Player.
- Reinhard Selten: Economist.
- Hafez al: Assad; president (Syria).