Tuesday December 11, 1906
US date format: 12/11/1906, UK date format: 11/12/1906
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on December 11, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Birago Diop and Paul Ribeyre.
The Witch, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of December 11, 1906?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- See more
- US President Roosevelt attacks abuses in the Congo.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 11, 1906?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Vess Ossman - Sunflower Dance
- Bert Williams - Let it Alone
- Ada Jones - It's All Right in the Summertime