Tuesday 11 December 1906US date format: 12/11/1906, UK date format: 11/12/1906
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 11, 1906). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Birago Diop and Paul Ribeyre.
The Witch, directed by Georges Méliès, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1906
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 December 1906
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 December 1906!
Which were the important events of 11 December 1906 ?
- USA - Admission day for Indiana (19th state, 1816)
- Burkina Faso - Republic Day (1958, Upper Volta became an autonomous republic in the French Community.)
- Argentina - Tango Day, Buenos Aires
- Also see December 11 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Roman festivals - One of the four Agonalia, this day in honour of Sol Indiges; also the Septimontium festival
- R.C. Saints - pope Damasus I: optional memorial; also Daniel the Stylite (not universal)
- Birago Diop: Senegalees writer / ambassador (Leurres et Lueurs).
- Paul Ribeyre: French business executive, politician and director of la reine mineral water co.
- US President Roosevelt attacks abuses in the Congo.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1906 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's All Right in the Summertime - Ada Jones
- Let it Alone - Bert Williams
- Sunflower Dance - Vess Ossman